Choosing a lounge is, in many ways, like choosing a lover. You want to know the two of you are compatible. You’ll be spending a lot of time together. Your friends will probably judge you on your tastes. Of course we all want good looks, but at the end of the day, it’s down to staying power. You need to know your lounge is in it for the long-haul. And when it comes to endurance, leather lounge suites always come out on top.
Leather furniture comes at a hefty premium these days - if only there were some way to have that leather experience without it completely emptying your wallet. Ah, but there is! The arrival and rise of bonded leather means that now you can enjoy the luxurious look and feel of leather at only a fraction of the price.
But what, you wonder, exactly is bonded leather? The last thing you want is to end up with a plasticky synthetic monstrosity. Fear not - bonded leather is made with genuine leather, carefully bonded to a soft fabric and covered with a protective and textured coating to produce a comfortable and good-looking leather sofa that won’t leave you breaking the bank.
But looks aren’t everything. There are a few other great reasons to consider a bonded leather lounge:
- Bonded leather is in it for the long-haul! Properly cared for, a bonded leather lounge will stay looking fresh and fine for years.
- It has a smooth and consistent finish, and doesn’t come with the imperfections and scars that characterise some sofas in low-quality leathers.
- It’s an efficient and environmentally friendly way to minimise waste in the leather production cycle.
Once your lovely new bonded leather sofa is at home, you should know how to take care of it, too. It takes two to tango, and if your lounge is going to keep you comfortable for years of your life, show it you appreciate it’s hard work by following these three simple rules for keeping your couch happy:
- Keep it away from the sun! Direct sunlight burns your skin, and likewise it can damage your leather sofa suite. Find a place for your new furniture that keeps it away from any direct light from the sun.
- Gently wipe down your lounge with a soft, dry cloth whenever needed. Keep it looking young by attending to any little spills with a damp cloth as soon as they happen.
- Pamper your sofa a little bit and treat it to a good, thorough conditioning once every three to six months with a special bonded leather conditioner. (Don’t forget to test your conditioner in an inconspicuous place first to make sure no discolouration occurs).
Good looking, low maintenance, and long-lasting, a bonded leather couch really might be the perfect lover… or at least your perfect couch. Matchmakers that we are, Chaise Sofas have a fantastic range of bonded leather lounge suites for sale from our Perth warehouse, or check out our range online today.